Q: Code P2102

TRottle actuator control motor circuit low

Hi There, This code relates to the throttle control valve motor/actuator that controls the opening and closing of the throttle through a series of signals that the ECM controls and sends to the throttle control motor via a relay. When there is any kind of faulty connection in either this circuit or potentially in the control harness, this may cause this code to be triggered. One of the more common causes for this code is a dirty throttle body. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

Hi there. A sensor on the accelerator pedal arm sends a voltage signal to the ECM (or related control module), which then commands the throttle body to open or close. Voltage signals sent from the ECM will activate the throttle actuator motor in the direction required by changing voltage levels and polarity. Then, as the throttle actuator motor turns, a gear in the throttle body turns and is meshed with a larger gear. The change in ratio allows the throttle plate to open quickly or slowly as needed. The P2102 code is stored when the ECM or other control module detects an error or fault with the throttle actuator control motor circuit. This problem is commonly caused by a damaged or defective throttle actuator control motor or throttle position actuator. If you are having acceleration issues, you might want to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection, so they can determine what’s causing this issue to occur.