Q: 2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Security Light

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Impala SS and the security light (seems like an intermittent issue) will appear on the cluster. At times, when I go to start the car, the security light will be flashing (3 times) and I have to wait at least 10 minutes until the light goes away until I am able to start it. What could possibly be wrong? I'm guessing it's something ignition related? Before I start throwing parts at it, I would like to pinpoint the problem exactly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Either the key fob remote’s battery is going out causing the immobilizer system to trip the security or the immobilizer system control is not responding. I recommend replacing the battery in the key fob remote and programming the remote to the vehicle first then moving forward to the immobilizer system control if the system continues to trip the security. If you need further assistance with your security light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. 2004 Chevrolet Impala SS Security Light