Q: The Check Engine Light comes back on after I reset it

Engine light stays on .I reset it it won't go off..reappears every 70miles

Q: Do all cars have an OBD system?

Virtually all vehicles from the 1987 model year to the present day have an OBD system. Some earlier model year vehicles, but not all, have some semblance of an OBD system. However, their diagnostic abilities are severely limited. There are...

Q: My 2001 Mercury cougar will start just fine but will sputter/ shake then die when not pushing on the gas or stop/idle.

This may be a result of a dirty or failing idle air control valve. The idle air control valve reads the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine at low speeds and...

Q: What exactly does the code P3fff mean?

Hi there. The code P3fff means that there is an issue with the PCM (the computer to the vehicle). The codes regarding gas recirculation flow and mass air flow are coming on either due to the PCM failure or due...