Q: The Check Engine Light comes back on after I reset it

Engine light stays on .I reset it it won't go off..reappears every 70miles

Q: Opinion on car theft through OBD port

Not really. A lot of it is just scam you know. People aren't stealing by plugging it in your car. First, they have to get in to begin with. The only time something like that happens is with high-end stuff...

Q: breaks failed then began working again

Hello, thank you for writing in. The brakes can fail for several reasons, and without much information as to what year and model your vehicle is, it is hard to tell if the ABS system was a factor. While this...

Q: Do I need to repair or replace my ECM?

You can get an ECM-related code for a number of different reasons. It can be something as simple as a voltage loss from a bad battery connection, or it may need a new ECM. I usually check the codes and...