Q: Overheating problem. Solution ?

asked by on October 03, 2016

So I have a overheating problem with my 350z. It overheated on me the other day and I saw that the coolant reservoir had a leak so I replaced it. Then I had it parked for two days without running and all my coolant was gone. I think it was because I didn't put a clamp on the hose that connected the reservoir to the radiator. So I fixed it by putting a clamp but I filled it up with water just in case. And as I was driving normally I stepped on the gas a little bit and the temperature gauge read high. I barley drive it 2 min and it over heats. What could it be ? The water whose ? The thermostat ?

Thermostat Replacement $141.88 - $639.09 Get a Quote
Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Nissan 350Z. This may be related to a leak somewhere in your coolant system or potentially a bad thermostat. As you may know when the thermostat is stuck closed this prevents the coolant from circulating through the motor as it should.

I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your cooling system firsthand and help you fix it accordingly.