Q: So it hasn't been 3 months/3000 kilometer since I changed oil in my car and it is asking me to change it soon. Do I keep driving or change oil?

asked by on March 05, 2017

Like usually after you get an oil change. You are suppose to wait 3 months or 3000 kilometers to change the oil. It hasn't been 3 months or have I driven 3000 kilometers on it but it's already shooting a message to change oil soon. My car''s the type that tells you if you gas is low or something is wrong with the car. I don't know if I should go for an oil change because of the message or if I should wait till the 3000 mark..

Change Oil and Filter $92.33 - $166.24 Get a Quote

Unless you are using full synthetic engine oil with high mileage ratings, I recommend replacing the engine oil. Standard engine oil will burn up all of the additives (cleaning agents) between 2,500 to 3,000 miles or 120 hour of use. If you need further assistance with your oil change, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr