Q: Random no-start. Turning key and no response, I turn the key back off and turn it again and the car starts

I randomly go to start the car and recieve no response from car and when i try the key again it starts only seems to happen when i am out and stop at a gas station or am inside real quick

Hey there. This is a sign of a faulty or failing ignition switch. When this begins to fail, this is usually a sign of the contacts inside the switch wearing out. When you put your key in the ignition and turn it, there are a series of tumblers that the notches on the key go through in order to cause the key to turn. When this happens, there are contacts that are activated which send electricity to the starter relay which then sends power to the starter. Sometimes these contacts will wear out and may work intermittently or in some cases not at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the random no-start so that this can be corrected properly.

• Random no-start. Turning key and no response, I turn the key back off and turn it again and the car starts