Q: Ongoing coolant leaking issues - 2003 Grand Cherokee Jeep

About 4 months ago my jeep I bought (about 6-7 months ago) started leaking coolant which the mechanic fixed through the radiator because the previous owners wreck . He had to bleed out the power steering and the coolant and I had no problems after that for about 3 months . I had a coolant fluid low signal flash in my jeep one day and I put more in and it was fine for a week or two . Then it flashed again and this time i noticed its leaking now . Near the center underneath . I located it to under the belt . I also noticed that after driving a couple blocks the top hose gets really hot but the bottom hose which i think is the water pump hose is only luke-warm . I see a couple drops of coolant on top of the bottom hose from the belt that's how I figured out it wasn't leaking from that bottom of that hose . And looked under my jeep to see it pooling at the very bottom of the belt from something above it I couldn't see from the top . I think it's coming from the weep hole . Very confused on what All is wrong with it .

A: Hey there. Odds are that the water pump is ...

Hey there. Odds are that the water pump is leaking. I would have a technician pressure test the cooling system. It will push the coolant out from wherever it is leaking to help find the issue. Rule of thumb, if it's the water pump that has gone bad, I would replace the timing belt at the same time as well as the belt and its condition is questionable. It has to be removed anyway to replace the water pump. If you need help having this checked and repaired, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to inspect the coolant leak and help have this issue corrected.