Q: Wrench symbol shows on dash after cranking the engine. Now the wrench symbol stays on.

Tried to crank truck and it went dead and would not crank.I let the truck sit a few minutes and it cranks but has wrench symbol come on and stay on. Had in shop 3 months ago and they replace fuel relay and it done good till today.

Hi there. When the wrench light comes on, this is the symbol used by the computer to alert the driver that there is a problem with the engine or transmission and puts the vehicle into limp mode. You would need to have the computer scanned to see what could be wrong with the engine to have the light come on. In the mean time, check all of the connections to all of the sensors and switches on the engine and transmission and make sure that they are all plugged in. There are too many locations to check without knowing where to start without checking the codes. If you need further assistance with the wrench light on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Wrench symbol shows on dash after cranking the engine. Now the wrench symbol stays on.