Q: Car hesitating and wanting to stall

asked by on February 03, 2016

My car is hesitating and acting like it wants to stall. I had a diagnostic run, after my Check Engine and VSC light came on, and the resulting code indicated that I needed an oxygen sensor replaced.

Car is hesitating and bucking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Oxygen sensor failure is not too common on your vehicle. Just because a code for the oxygen sensor is present, it does’t mean the sensor is bad, just that one of the parameters it reads is out of specification. For example, if you have a code for the oxygen sensor stuck lean, the problem could be a broken vacuum line allowing too much oxygen into the engine. Also, know that on a Toyota or Lexus, VSC will illuminate whenever the check engine light is illuminated. Necessarily, there is not an issue with VSC, just your vehicle demanding prompt attention. I suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to properly diagnose and repair your car’s hesitation issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr