Q: Starting problems, starter failure - 1994 Suzuki Sidekick

asked by on September 13, 2016

I have difficulty starting my car. For some reason, the starters keep going out. They would work for several years and then I have to get the starter replaced with a new one. It's worth mentioning these are starters with lifetime warranties. The car would ocassionally start right up. But, other times, there would only be a click and I would have to attempt to start it up to 25 times. It would eventually start after that. What might be causing this starting problems and starter failure?

Hello. Make sure you double check to see if the starter is getting good connections and the cables are good. You may just have a starter that is common to only last a few years before wearing out. Make sure to keep the warranty handy. If you need to have this looked at, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the no start for you.