Q: Starting problems, starter failure - 1994 Suzuki Sidekick

asked by on September 13, 2016

I have difficulty starting my car. For some reason, the starters keep going out. They would work for several years and then I have to get the starter replaced with a new one. It's worth mentioning these are starters with lifetime warranties. The car would ocassionally start right up. But, other times, there would only be a click and I would have to attempt to start it up to 25 times. It would eventually start after that. What might be causing this starting problems and starter failure?

Starter Replacement $154.22 - $1043.36 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Make sure you double check to see if the starter is getting good connections and the cables are good. You may just have a starter that is common to only last a few years before wearing out. Make sure to keep the warranty handy. If you need to have this looked at, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the no start for you.