Q: Hello sir my company recommended tyres are 175/65R14 and i want to go for 185/65R14.

Hello sir my company recommended tyres are 175/65R14 and i want to go for 185/65R14. Will i be losing some cornering abilities or it will be same as width is also increasing simultaneously. I know cornering ability depends on sidewall height. My rim width is 5.5"

Hi There, These two tires are not much different in that the size difference will be hardly noticeable. The dimensions to each are as follows:

175/65R/14 Diameter 23" Width 6.9" Sidewall 4.5" Circumference 72.1"

165/65R/14 Diameter 22.4" Width 6.5" Sidewall 4.2" Circumference 70.5"

As you can see there is a very minimal difference in overall size and height of the sidewall. This slight difference should not affect your cornering abilities regardless of your vehicle.

3. Hello sir my company recommended tyres are 175/65R14 and i want to go for 185/65R14.