Q: Fuel pressure regulator needs replaced.

Replacing fuel pressure regulator So my fuel pressure regulator needed to be replaced so I bought a new one and tried to do it myself. And I take out all of the o rings and screens from the old one. And try to put in the new one. And I try for a few minutes but the new one will just not want to seat all the way so I try to take it out and I wasn't thinking and I pull the regulator and the screen stays in and when I take the screen off the small o ring is gone and must have fallen into the fuel rail. So is it difficult to remove the fuel rail?? My car has 180000 miles. My car has an automatic transmission.

Hi there. To remove the fuel rail, simply remove the bolts that secure the rail onto the intake manifold and all of the brackets off the rail. Take a pry bar and gently pry up on the fuel rail to pop it out of the intake. Keep in mind, the injectors will come off with the fuel rail. Then you will need a special quick disconnect fuel tool to remove the fuel line from the fuel rail. Then the fuel rail will come off the vehicle so you can retrieve the screen. If you need further assistance with removing your fuel rail, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Fuel pressure regulator needs replaced.