Q: Car not running right

I just had the head gasket fixed, but my car is still not running right.

Hi. Replacing a head gasket is a fairly intensive job and there are many components that need to be put back perfectly in order for the engine to run correctly. When reassembling the engine, there is a possibility the previous mechanic did not get the engine timing exactly correct which will cause the engine to run rough. There are also multiple vacuum ports that connect different components of the engine. If these are mixed up there will be incorrect pressures in the engine which doesn’t let it operate normally. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, would be able to inspect the engine’s timing and make sure everything is hooked up properly.