Q: Just had timing chain replaced on 2012 qx56 and they called" -- dealer called and said while fixing the timing belt that my ac pum

ust had timing chain replaced on 2012 qx56 and they called" -- dealer called and said while fixing the timing belt that my ac pump compressor has failed - have to replace that ? I said I could not right now (1500) and now my car has no ac - went in with no ac trouble and now saying leak and no air? seems suspicious ? what do you suggest I do? 2012 infinity qx56

A: Hi there. It does seem kind of suspicious t...

Hi there. It does seem kind of suspicious that your vehicle went in with ac and now it doesn’t work. I completely understand how you feel and hope to help you fix this. However, component failure can happen at any given moment as well as an accidental mishap while a repair is being performed. I would have a look at the ac system to check for damage first. If no damage is present, it may just simply be an unfortunate coincidence. Having second opinion may help with your suspicions. I suggest having a certified mechanic from YourMechanic assist you with figuring out why your AC is not working.