Q: Transmission making noise

My transmission is making noise. I have to stop the vehicle, turn off the engine, and wait a few minutes. When I turn it back on and it runs at a slower speed. The transmission will then start making a noise again and I have to repeat the process. A local mechanic said I have to have the transmission rebuilt. I also think I might need a new ABS module after the ABS light came on .

A transmission has many parts both mechanical and electronic. If your transmission is making noises, it is going to need internal work done to it. A rebuild will fix the issue with the transmission. As for the ABS Light being on, this means that one of the ABS sensors is malfunctioning and detecting a locked wheel. A mechanic can diagnose your ABS light and inspect your transmission noise more accurately in person, and help you get your car back on the road.