Q: Extreem power loss. 2000 Ford Explorer

I have a 2000 Ford Explorer XLT, 4.0 overhead cam 277,000 miles. My vehical has had an extreem loss of power, struggles between 2000 & 3000 rpms. Engine will not exceed 3000 rpms even when in park. I tried to hit the rev limiter, it will not do it. Starts fine. Idles fine. Using lots of gas. Both up flow O2 sensors (L & R) have been replaced. I have one error code of p1451 (Bosch diagnostic code machine). I can't see how a canister purge valve (BWD #CP632) could cause this problem. Got any ideas?

Hello - check for other problem codes as well. In addition to the P1451 (?) (purge cannister valve failure), I suspect you have a failing throttle position sensor which is limiting engine performance. I recommend a power loss inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.