Q: Extreem power loss. 2000 Ford Explorer

I have a 2000 Ford Explorer XLT, 4.0 overhead cam 277,000 miles. My vehical has had an extreem loss of power, struggles between 2000 & 3000 rpms. Engine will not exceed 3000 rpms even when in park. I tried to hit the rev limiter, it will not do it. Starts fine. Idles fine. Using lots of gas. Both up flow O2 sensors (L & R) have been replaced. I have one error code of p1451 (Bosch diagnostic code machine). I can't see how a canister purge valve (BWD #CP632) could cause this problem. Got any ideas?

Hello - check for other problem codes as well. In addition to the P1451 (?) (purge cannister valve failure), I suspect you have a failing throttle position sensor which is limiting engine performance. I recommend a power loss inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Extreem power loss. 2000 Ford Explorer