Q: I have a 2013 Nissan Altima with a 2.5l does it require synthetic or conventional oil??

asked by on March 29, 2018

Conventional oil or synthetic recommended for this make and model plz and thanks

Change Oil and Filter $92.43 - $157.60 Get a Quote

According to the 2013 Altima Owner’s Manual, you can use either conventional or synthetic oil in the Altima. Just be sure to use the correct viscosity and only oil that meets Nissan’s quality (certification) requirements. See page 9-6 of the Manual for full details. However, I would absolutely not use conventional motor oil in this (or frankly any) vehicle. The technical and engineering advantages of synthetic oil are now well established and so there is no reason to use a lesser quality product at this point. See, just as one example, AAA’s recent study comparing synthetic and conventional oils. If you desire that this maintenance be performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine oil/filter change and the responding mechanic will address any additional concerns that you might have. If you have further questions, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.