Q: P0430 code. Should I replace the catalytic converter?

asked by on October 31, 2016

P0430 how long do I have to replace catalytic converter or could it be something else causing the problem

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. Check for any exhaust leaks in the exhaust system. If there is a slight ticking sound or a light to loud rumble, then there is a possible exhaust leak. Check the O2 sensors to see if they are reading properly. If the O2 sensors are not registering, then I recommend replacing the O2 sensors. If the O2 sensors are working correctly, then I recommend replacing the catalytic converter. You can drive with a bad catalytic converter, however, it is creating excessive pollution and that can be picked up by the side street pollution scanners. I suggest replacing the parts as soon as possible. If you would like to have any services done, consider YourMechanic, as these problems can be repaired at your home or office.