Q: P0430 code. Should I replace the catalytic converter?

P0430 how long do I have to replace catalytic converter or could it be something else causing the problem

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. Check for any exhaust leaks in the exhaust system. If there is a slight ticking sound or a light to loud rumble, then there is a possible exhaust leak. Check the O2 sensors to see if they are reading properly. If the O2 sensors are not registering, then I recommend replacing the O2 sensors. If the O2 sensors are working correctly, then I recommend replacing the catalytic converter. You can drive with a bad catalytic converter, however, it is creating excessive pollution and that can be picked up by the side street pollution scanners. I suggest replacing the parts as soon as possible. If you would like to have any services done, consider YourMechanic, as these problems can be repaired at your home or office.