Q: Car started vibrating a lot

asked by on August 04, 2016

I've purchased this used car recently. It's been running great. I filled in the gas tank with unleaded gas and I was told this car uses premium. Now, the car is vibrating a lot. Is it because of the gas or is there something else causing the problem?

Hello there. The LX470 does, in fact, take premium gasoline. When a lower octane is used such as 87 unleaded than there is a possibility for the engine to knock. In most cases, the vehicle’s computer will adjust to the lower octane rated gas and the knocking will cease. If this does not occur, then there may be other problems. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to assist with diagnosing your car’s vibration issue and let you know what repair is needed.