Q: Low oil pressure

My car has low oil pressure.

Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Change Oil and Filter $92.33 - $165.78 Get a Quote

Only a couple of things could cause this issue. Low oil is the most likely cause and under that would be a bad oil pump. The first thing I would do is check the oil level. If the oil level is low this will cause low oil pressure. If oil is needed, be sure to add the correct type and amount. If unsure how to do this, you can enlist the help a professional, such as one from YourMechanic to come and assist you with this issue. If the oil level is low and then topped off, the oil pressure light should go off. It is however a normal function for this light to illuminate during startup. If you still need assistance, a mechanic can inspect your oil pressure light and replace your oil as necessary.