Q: Gas pedal hard to press, car wouldn't move

My car has gone 65,000 miles. The gas pedal would become very hard to apply during driving. Also, the car remains motionless even when I try flooring the gas pedal. The car would move if I apply the brakes, then put it in reverse and then to drive. There are no error codes. The dashboard isn't showing any warnings either. The car has a new battery and starts well every time. I had the direct ignition coil on third cylinder replaced. Some 15 miles ago, the spark plugs were replaced. There are no issue in cruise control. What could be wrong?

A: The "stiff" gas pedal issue is mo...

The "stiff" gas pedal issue is most likely caused by a dirty throttle body in the air intake system. Cleaning the throttle body should relieve this symptom. The lack of "Drive" selection, unless first selecting "Reverse", could be a loose or misadjusted shift cable or shift linkage issue. If the shift cable has too much free motion, the cable may not be moving enough at the transmission to select Drive. If you would like to have this checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the unresponsive gas pedal and suggest a repair.