Q: Oil sensor not working properly.

My oil sensor gives me a minimum level reading, even though I have checked the oil level and topped up.

If the oil was checked first using the vehicle’s computer and it read low you were correct to top it off. However, sometimes these vehicles can take a few minutes or a few miles of driving to reset the gauge to the correct oil level. If you have waited some time and even driven the car and still get the same results, try adding another half quart. After adding the half quart drive the vehicle again. If the same results occur a third time the oil level sensor may be faulty. I would recommend having your oil level sensor looked at by a technician to diagnose the issue. If the oil level sensor is faulty have it replaced to get your oil level reading correctly again,

3. Oil sensor not working properly.