Q: How to turn off front seat passenger side airbag

I need to turn off the front seat passenger side airbag. Please describe procedure.

The passenger front seat air bag cannot be disabled unless there is no weight in the seat, or the entire system is disabled which is unsafe. The system looks for weight in the seat to determine if there is an occupant and this will trigger the system to deploy the passenger front air bag as well as any others it feels necessary in the event of an accident. I have had customers ask about disabling the airbag so they can use a rear facing car seat in the front. This is unsafe for the child and the car seat must be placed in the back seats, so you may want to get in touch with the dealer for further consult.