Q: I hit a curb going about 20-30 mph while turning and got a flat tire. While getting ready to change the flat and put a doughnut on

asked by on June 04, 2017

I hit a curb going about 20-30 mph while turning and got a flat tire. While getting ready to change the flat and put a doughnut on I engaged the emergency brake. When I finished changing the tire, I disengaged the brake and tried to drive off but the engine would rev but it wouldnt move. So i gave it more gas and it moved but with loud noise came from the rear tires when i did so. I believe the Emegency brake got stuck. As i pulled into a parking space where i could leave the car I noticed Light colored fluid on the ground where my rear right tire was (also the tire that was flat). My question is, is this a easy fix? How much am I expected to pay for the known problem and potential problems? What was the light colored fluid? Did i possibly cause more issues?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Emergency Brake Control Replacement $229.81 - $384.74 Get a Quote

Hi There, It may be difficult to tell what the light colored fluid could be as there are a number of fluids in the vehicle that serve various purposes. It may be likely that the light colored fluid may be brake fluid if one of the brake lines was damaged. It may also be possible that trying to move the vehicle with the emergency brake set could have damaged the emergency brake by the force of the vehicle moving. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr