Q: Can bad driving cause a bad throttle body?

I'm looking At purchasing a 2016 Ford Transit 150 Wagon 8 passenger. It was owned by a rental compAny previously and has between 9 and 10 thousand miles on it

The dealership will not certify it. The. AT FAX shows it had the throttle body replaced.

Isn't it young to have this done?

Is this a possible indication of other issues such as electrical?

Is this indication that it was driven in an irresponsible manner?

Hi there - the dealer may be refusing to "certify" if because they can’t be certain how it was maintained. This may or may not be a problem. A rental vehicle, especially a "working" vehicle like a Transit van, may have been used for lots of short trips, or stop-and-go driving. This is inherently more challenging from a vehicle life point of view, but doesn’t mean the vehicle "has issues". I would recommend having a Pre-Purchase Inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to thoroughly inspect the vehicle, identify any damage and cost estimate for repairs.