Q: Code reader not working.

The code reader won't connect to my port and turn on so that it can be read. The fuses have already been checked.

Hi, issues with the data link connector are common. Most of the time a bad fuse is the culprit. If you have verified the fuse is good, there are other things you can visually inspect before seeking the help of a technician. Have you ever noticed all the indicator lights on your dash come on when you initially turn your key? That is called a bulb check. Believe it or not, the bulb on your "Check Engine light" is part of the circuit from your data link connector to your cars computer. If the bulb is not working for some reason the connector will not work either. So next time you go to start your car, see if that light is coming on. If it’s not, you can give the technician a heads up. If it is coming on the issue may be more complex like a faulty computer. In either case, I would recommend seeking help from a technician for a proper diagnosis.