Q: Crank no start

Two weeks ago it died without warning. Figured battery. Changed battery. No start. Changed fuel damper due to clogged. Relays are good All fuses are good (visual and light check). Checked fuel injectors with noid light. Ruled out PATS normal light pattern. Ruled out ignition and PCM due to dash lights. Have spark. Changed fuel pump. Changed battery terminal because battery keeps dying. Tried another battery. Also changed fuel filter. No start. No codes because of new battery. ENGINE LIGHT ON, CHECK GAUGE LIGHT ON and BATTERY LIGHT ON. Can hear the new fuel pump engaging. Changed the crankshaft position sensor, tried starting with iac valve off. Tried starting in neutral. Tried starting with fuel cap off. Tried starting with pressure on throttle. Running out of what could it be? Going to recheck fuel pressure to make sure there isn't a crimp in the line or defective pump. Could it be the starter, the solenoid, alternator, coil pack? Died w/o warning no start..

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2003 Ford Explorer. It sounds to me like you either have no fuel or bad fuel at the injectors, or no spark to spark plugs. Try to narrow the problem to one of these possibilities. If you just got fuel before it dies, then you may have excessive water in the fuel. Take a fuel sample and let it settle in a cool place to see if water is in fuel. You already ruled out many components, but you have to double check and make sure that each test was done correctly. If you’d like further help with this, my recommendation would be to have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, thoroughly diagnose the no start issue in person in order to have this properly resolved.