Q: Reduced Engine performance message, car cannot exceed 10 mph

My car is stuck in NYC, queens (11432) with the message as above. OBDii scan shows error codes P2111, P0068, and P0121. Its a naturally aspirated 2.9L inline 6. going on volvo forums showed that this could be due to a clogged throttle intake valve (easily accessible for non turbo volvo (between engine and air filter). Visual inspection of the butterfly valve does not show extreme deposits.) Resetting the obdii codes too did not help, as they came up again when the engine was turned back on. Please advise on what steps I can take to check more. My budgets being constrained I really don't want to tow the car to get it fixed if the repairs are expensive. (residual value is less than 1500$). As the zip code where the car is located is not serviced by YourMechanic, i wanted to see, if there are some small DIY steps i could take to atleast get an idea of how much the repairs could cost. Going to Volvo not an option, they charge $400 just for the keys! Please help

Hello, thank you for writing in. The engine codes you are receiving are indicating that your throttle position sensor and its circuit are not functioning correctly. If you are comfortable with swapping the entire unit out, then that is the best place to start. If you have a voltmeter, you can test the throttle position sensor to make sure it is the faulty component before replacing it. If you do not have one, you can decide if you want to take the risk of purchasing and replacing the sensor. Fortunately this is something you can likely do where the vehicle sits currently.

3. Reduced Engine performance message, car cannot exceed 10 mph