Q: Why is my dashboard cracked in so many places?

The dashboard in my 2006 Toyota Sienna is just a web of cracks now. I have only driven the car about 50,000 miles since I bought it new. I think I made the first little crack near one of the vent holes when I hit a pothole and spread from there. This seems like an avoidable problem. Is this a safety issue or is it just ugly?

Hi! Thank you for writing in with this question. This is a common issue for multiple Toyota vehicles of that vintage. Toyota released a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB 0039-15) for this concern in June 2015. The specific coverage is based on the VIN, and it may or may not be covered under Toyota warranty. Contact your local Toyota dealer, explain the problem, mention the TSB number, and schedule an appointment for an inspection and/or repair. If the vehicle is covered under warranty and the dash pad needs to be replaced, it should be covered at no additional cost to you.