Q: Fluctuating transmission temp gauge

asked by on November 27, 2017

I have a 2003 Ford Excursion, diesel. The transmission temp gauge fluctuates anywhere from cold to hot. This just started this morning. What could be the cause? Thank you!

The most likely cause of this issue would be a faulty transmission temperature sensor. I would recommend having your transmission temperature sensor inspected and tested for proper function by a qualified professional. If the transmission temperature sensor is functioning improperly, I would recommend having it replaced in order to resolve this issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr