Q: ABS, Rough shifting

asked by on November 25, 2016

I just bought a used truck and I'm going threw my fixes. The ABS light is on and my code reader say left rear wheel sensor. But there are no electrical connections in the rear. Could it possibly be the front left or is there something else to check in the rear. Second issue is my transmission was rebuilt so I've been told by the dealer. It shifts rough out of 1St frequently. And my speedometer and cruise control don't work. Which sensors should I change. I've found 3 so far (transmission) and the two wheel sensors.

Hello. The only speed sensor located in the rear of the vehicle will be located in the differential housing. This may be the sensor that requires attention. If our transmission is experiencing shifting problems in first gear, and your speedometer and cruise control are not working, then I would look into the vehicle speed sensors. A fault with the transmission output speed sensor, specifically, can commonly cause the symptoms you are experiencing. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine if the transmission speed sensor needs to be replaced.