Q: Car not starting after sitting for a year

My car was in storage for a year. I jumpstarted it and got the car to start for a few minutes before it died. Replaced the battery and the car still doesn't start.

A: Hello, when a car is stored, things can go ...

Hello, when a car is stored, things can go bad just from sitting. The first thing to check are all of the fuses. If the fuses are good, then further diagnosis will be needed. I’m not sure if you have a crank-no-start or a no crank. If it’s a no start, power will need to be checked to the starter motor. If the vehicle is a crank no start, the a scanner should be connected to see if there are any codes present in the monitor data. Fuel pressure and the ignition system might also need to be checked. I recommend having a certified mechanic inspect your car’s starting issue to diagnose the problem and make the appropriate repairs.