Q: Clutch pedal goes down without resistance

The clutch pedal in my car goes down without any resistance. The clutch also won't go into gear.

A: Hello. If your clutch pedal goes to the flo...

Hello. If your clutch pedal goes to the floor and won’t return up, your clutch master cylinder or slave has failed, or you have a leak. If you can see that the reservoir for the clutch is full, then the clutch master and slave will have to be replaced for proper operation to return. The master and slave must be replaced as a pair. You may need the aid of a mechanic to service a clutch pedal going all the way down to the floor, since these components are often buried, and use brake fluid that must be bled for proper operation.