Q: Transmission fluid is leaking. Cracked on the bottom of the transmission.

My Car is leaking transmission fluid I took it to a shop and they told me that I had a crack on the bottom of my transmission I was wondering if there is a way I can fix that without buying a new transmission

Hi there. Depending on where the crack is located on the bottom of the transmission will depend on whether or not you will be able to fix without replacing the transmission. For example, if the crack is in the fluid pan, you should be able to just replace this. However, if the crack is deeper and in the housing of the transmission, this may be a little more difficult to repair. If you would like to have the problem scoped out by a professional, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the transmissions leak and advise you on the best path to repair.

3. Transmission fluid is leaking. Cracked on the bottom of the transmission.