Q: Car loses power when coming to a stop. Radio resets then loses power. Replaced battery and alternator. No code given when this occurs.

Took car to 2 different dealers. could not fix. stated that they could not duplicate problem..Advised to drive until problem get worse or codes appears. . Truck lose power when coming to stop. ( intermittently) then it will restarts. replaced alternator and battery. Volt meter test done. Fuel evap code only.(PO456) .Radio will fickler then reset, dash flicker then lose power. Car restarts immediately.. Seems to lose power.. Dealer said originally that alternator needed to be replace due to high voltage code. Other dealer said high voltage code came from ABS modular. Low voltage code.. replaced battery and positive cable. NO new trouble code for problem.Has over 200000 mileage but runs great except for above mentioned problem.

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. Check for any loose ground wires under the dash. There also could be a loose ground wire to the computer causing it to temporary shut down and make everything flicker. Check the ground cable to the battery and ensure that they are all tight. If you are experienced with electrical wiring you could attempt the make adjustments yourself. However, if you need further assistance troubleshooting the loss of power, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can inspect the car in persona and follow through with repairs.

• Car loses power when coming to a stop. Radio resets then loses power. Replaced battery and alternator. No code given when this occurs.