Q: Car has trouble starting and misfires.

Cylinder 6 is misfiring on my car. I get an OBD-II code of P0306. I also have trouble starting the car and it jerks at times. From looking around online, I think I need a new ignition coil.

A new ignition coil is a very likely suspect for this issue. I would recommend enlisting the assistance of a YourMechanic technician to diagnose your issue. Have the technician switch the suspect ignition coil with a known good one and reset the check engine light. Drive the vehicle until the check engine light comes back. If the code changes to a different cylinder, the ignition coil is bad. If the code remains the same, the spark plug could be bad or an issue with the wiring for the ignition coil. Be sure to have the technician check all areas thoroughly.