Q: 98 Ford Expedition, the Catalyst monitor and evap monitor is on before a smog test can be done. How to get 1 of these off?

asked by on February 06, 2018

I have a 98 Ford Expedition, just had repairs on it, now I need to have a smog test done. Took it to smog station and no codes show up, engine light is not on but the catalyst monitor and evap monitor are on. The smog test station says they can not do the test unless one of these is off. What can I do? I have been driving and driving and driving and they both are still on. Please Help. Thank You

The monitors may take up to 200 miles to get them to pass since it takes special conditions to get them to pass. You can have a mechanic run the monitor test before taking to inspection stations to get checked to make sure you can pass inspection.