Q: My oil pressure gauge is reading zero.

The engine seems to be running fine and no noises. The check engine light is on but the oil light is not, The engine oil level is good. Wondering if I can drive it to the mechanic shop or should I have it towed?

Hi there. There is no way to tell if the oil pressure is really low or your sending unit or gauge is bad. Instead of towing it, you may want to have a mechanic come to you and diagnose the oil pressure issue for you. If you are still under a factory or extended warranty then by all means have them tow it and have them fix it for you. I would suggest not driving it for fear you may cause permanent damage to the engine.

3. My oil pressure gauge is reading zero.