Q: Is 182K miles on 08 Jeep Commander with hemi a problem to worry? (a lot of highway-30K/year for 5 years.)

asked by on December 27, 2016

Is 182k miles on jeep hemi a warning for repair coming? Looking to buy. Seems to drive good. Thanks.

Transmission Fluid Service $125.08 - $445.00 Get a Quote

Hi there. The hemi engines are designed to run for about 300K miles before needing any rebuilding. If the engine is running strong and has no problems, then I would not worry about the engine. I would, however, check the transmission and see what condition it is in. The transmission is good for 150K to 200K before needing rebuilt, depending on how the vehicle is driven. Check the transmission fluid and make sure that it is red in color and to the full mark with the engine running.