the car will crank but die a few minutes later but if I k...

Q: the car will crank but die a few minutes later but if I keep pressing the gas it will stay on but when I stop it will cut off soon

asked by on June 11, 2017

The car will crank and stay on long as I keep pressing the gas but when I stop pressing the gas the car will cut off a few minutes later. My engine light been on a for a while I went to auto zone to see why it was on and they told me it was the canister vent valve solenoid do you think that’s why my car isn’t running anymore

Hi there. It is indeed possible that a canister EVAP solenoid is the source of your hard to start issue. However, the problem with most auto parts store "scans" is they make way too many assumptions on the source of the problem. The truth is that most error codes indicate different components within the same system that are causing a symptom that the sensors detect. For example, one of the possible (4) EVAP solenoid codes could be caused by the canister itself, the solenoid, electrical harness or the purge solenoid. This is why it’a always best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can download the codes and complete an actual inspection of the possible sources to find the precise source of the issue.