Q: Deflating noise when backing up and screeching noise on and off when driving.

asked by on November 02, 2016

My car is making a noise like something is deflating only when I back up and a screeching noise on and off when I drive.

Brake Shoes (Rear) Replacement $127.80 - $436.57 Get a Quote
Brake Pads Replacement $125.62 - $449.32 Get a Quote

Hi there. It sounds like a brake issue. Check the brakes on the rear of the vehicle for any loose or worn hardware. If you have brake drums, see if the brake shoes are adjusted correctly and not dragging. If you have integrated calipers (calipers with a parking brake in them), check to see that the calipers are not moving when applying the brakes. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to service your brake system.