Q: Do you have to remove spark plugs to replace valve cover gasket in 1999 dodge avenger 2.5l

asked by on June 02, 2017

Do I have to take spark plugs out when replacing valve cover gasket

Valve Cover Gasket Replacement $101.41 - $1170.97 Get a Quote

Hi there. Yes, when you remove the valve covers you need to remove the spark plugs first. I would highly recommend having an air hose and spraying off that entire spark plug area first to make sure you don’t have any debris that could fall into the cylinder head upon removal. If you need help removing the valve cover gasket and replacing it, please feel free to set up an appointment to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete this job.