Q: Battery won't charge

asked by on August 10, 2016

Our Lexus has been sitting in the garage for more than a month. We don't drive it very often. But we decided to start it up, and it wouldn’t. We tried to do a jump and the battery wouldn't charge either. It’s in a really hard to get place so the trickle charge didn’t work. Do you have an ideas as to what we can do to get it started?

Your 2008 Lexus LS460 may need to be moved to have easier access to the battery. The battery needs to be checked and the starting system operations verified. The battery could be dead, or there could be another problem within the charging system. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who could come to your car’s location to diagnose your battery problem and make appropriate repairs.