Q: I need a rack and pinion for my 2005 chevy silverado 1500, how much would that cost me

asked by on April 04, 2017

I need a rack and pinion for my 2005 chevy silverado 1500. How much would it cost me

You can get a precise estimate by inputting your vehicle data into the "Get a Quote" panel at YourMechanic’s power steering rack and pinion service page. Broadly, though, to give you an idea of the cost, if you do not have a diesel engine or a hydraulic brake booster, it should require roughly two hours to replace the unit. As far as the part cost, that depends on your VIN number (there are variants of the unit). If you input your year, make, model and engine size at the service page, though, you will receive the estimate. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.