Q: Coolant

asked by on February 28, 2017

So i have a coolant leak, coming from the water pump, and i won't be able to get the water pump until mid april due to reasons i wouldn't like to say. Should i keep adding coolant, because i still drive it on a daily, just so nothing overheats and cracks. TIV

You should keep the coolant full at all times making sure to be careful topping off coolant when engine is hot. If you notice engine running hot you should stop and let the engine cool before adding more coolant or engine damage will occur. Running the engine low on coolant can damage the engine and cause extensive head damage to the engine.