Q: The security indicator light started blinking, but it never did that.

I was cleaning my car, I don't know if I touch a button or something else. When I was seating the security indicator light started blinking, I thought it would go away, but it didn't. My dad turn the car on and the blinking went away. But when he turn it off the blinking started again. So we left it like that.

If your aftermarket alarm system light is blinking then this only means that the system is active. If you look under the dash where you may have been cleaning, you may have a small black button or a small toggle switch. The switch will cause the system to be turned on and bypassed when you turn the ignition key on and activate the switch.

If you’d like a second opinion on this, feel free to enlist a technician, such as one from YourMechanic. They can come diagnose the light you’re seeing and suggest a fix from there if necessary.

3. The security indicator light started blinking, but it never did that.