Q: I can't remove the rear brake drums.

I am struggling to remove my rear brake drums. The holes for the bolts to remove them are stripped. I've tried heat, and a hammer. At my wits end, any suggestions on removal?

You should use heat to the drum around the hub and then spray rust penetrant spray on the hub and drum holes. Make sure you have loosened the brake shoes so you can get drum off. If still cannot get them loose, then tap all the way around to break the drum loose. If you’d rather have a professional assist with this, a certified expert from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to remove and replace the brake drums for you.

3. I can't remove the rear brake drums.