Q: OBDII fault codes

asked by on October 12, 2016

Hello,

I have a check engine light on and two codes. P0097 and P0129

When I googled the codes the first one is Intake Air Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit Low Input and the second one is Barometric pressure too low. What does this normally mean? Does the sensor need replacing?

Thanks

It is very possible that the intake air temperature sensor or the barometric pressure sensor will require replacement. What is likely happening is that there is a corrolation between these two sensors either because one of them is malfunctioning, there is a wiring issue, or there is a vacuum leak. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of this issue. Once the inspection has been performed, the repair procedure will be more clear.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr