Q: When put in reverse, it loses all power

When put in reverse loses all power. Put back in park, power comes back and engine can be restarted. Put in reverse again loses all power and burns main cable from stater to battery. Dose not happen every time. It has happened twice. First time it burnt up the stater and battery.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. It sounds as tho...

Hi, thanks for writing in. It sounds as though you probably have an electrical short somewhere. It will probably be in an area where the shifter linkage is coming into contact with the wiring when it is put into this particular position. There are other possible causes for the fault, but this would be the most likely culprit. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.