Q: Engine burning excessive amount of oil

Every time i do my oil change i use 5w 30 synthetic. And usually by the time i get close to my next oil change, i notice my car has burnt a lot of the oil.

In order to find out if the amount of oil your engine is consuming you will need to have an oil change. Then you will drive the vehicle for exactly 1000 miles and have the oil level checked and topped up to the full line by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic. If your engine is using less than one quart of oil per 1000 miles then the manufacturer considers this amount normal. If you are using more than a quart per 1000 miles then a mechanic should check your engine for possible causes. You may have piston rings allowing too much oil to pass by them. The engine would need to be overhauled if this is the case. I would recommend first having the crankcase ventilation valve (PCV) and air filter changed and the engine checked for sludge buildup from lack of oil changes. Have a mobile YourMechanic come and diagnose the oil consumption possible causes for you.

3. Engine burning excessive amount of oil